Biology Homework Chapter 17: Eukaryotes: Fungi
Textbook assignment:Chapter 17: The Evolution of Plant and Fungal Diversity, sections 12-19.
Read the following weblecture before chat: Fungi
Take notes on any questions you have, and be prepared to discuss the lecture in chat.
Perform the study activity below:
Check out the School of Life Sciences Interactive Yeast Lab..
- Review the materials and equipment needed for the experiment.
- Step through the procedure to create the water-yeast mixtures and ripen for 24 hours.
- Predict which results match the flasks. What considerations did you take into account for your predictions? What gas is produced?
- Read the explanations of the outcomes. Do they match your expectations?
- What scientific methods were used in designing this experiment? Which setup is the control?
Chat Preparation Activities
- Essay question: The Moodle forum for the session will assign a specific study question for you to prepare for chat. You need to read this question and post your answer before chat starts for this session.
- Mastery Exercise: The Moodle Mastery exercise for the chapter will contain sections related to our chat topic. Try to complete these before the chat starts, so that you can ask questions.
- Required: Complete the Mastery Exercise with a score of 85% or better.
- Optional: Test yourself with the textbook multiple choice questions and note any that you miss that still don't make sense. Bring questions to chat!
- Go to the Moodle and take the quiz for this chapter.
Read through the lab for this week; bring questions to chat on any aspect of the lab, whether you intend not perform it or not. If you decide to perform the lab, be sure to submit your report by the posted due date.
- Lab Instructions: Complete the lab for Scholars Online Biology Investigation #1: Artificial Selection
© 2005 - 2024 This course is offered through Scholars Online, a non-profit organization supporting classical Christian education through online courses. Permission to copy course content (lessons and labs) for personal study is granted to students currently or formerly enrolled in the course through Scholars Online. Reproduction for any other purpose, without the express written consent of the author, is prohibited.